Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Work Stuff


Recently, my job has been witness to several changes in staffing. One person that had been around forever simply stopped showing up, another got a better opportunity and left, and a third (the offspring of another very part time employee) also "quit" (the same day that would have meant the end of the line anyway) because of an inability to appear to work on time (usually by more than 15-20 min). So, a new policy has been implemented. Henceforth (which is a really fun word by the way) there is a 'one month rule' for all new employees. Once you have been employed for a month, you get your name. Before that, you are "[distinguishing characteristic] new kid". So far one has passed this rule and one has been exempted (for general agreeableness). I think 'dreadlock new kid' is about to pass the one month line (unfortunately). Any new people, however, better decide which distinguishing mark they want before I do. And yes, I would find this acceptable if applied to me when I'm a newbie. (Just preempting some complaints and arch remarks there).

No comments:

Post a Comment